At ProjectControls.online, we firmly believe in the transformational power of well-deployed online tools to administer and deliver construction projects of all sizes. Tools that build efficiency into processes, automate analyses, and facilitate decision-making are becoming essential in the construction industry because of the increasing challenges it faces.
Online tools, as opposed to on-premise, stand-alone products, have four main advantages:
- Speed to Start: managed by third parties, like ProjectControls.online and Procore, getting started is faster than any on-premise solution. Just like Netflix, with login credentials and an account established, you can be up and running.
- Security: the economic survival of online applications depends on their security. In a standard project IT “ecosystem”, data security is a function of the weakest security link; i.e. vendors, owners, contractors, subs, or A/E consultants.
- Maintenance: the maintenance and upgrades of the application are the responsibility of the provider; therefore, neither the user, nor their IT department have to worry about security, upgrades, compatibility.
- Integrations: most online platforms use a well-documented, open source Application Program Interface (API) that facilitates data sharing and interconnectivity across many applications or sources.
ProjectControls.online and Procore Integration
Like many of our technology colleagues, we are beating the drum of the power of data to provide insight and help us make smart, timely decisions. But, we recognize that data can also slow us down. Too often, we are just inundated with data that is siloed. Cross-platform integrations allow project teams to connect data and leverage the benefits of different tools. That’s why we’ve partnered with Procore to seamlessly sync and integrate cost and schedule data between platforms, adding the following tools to your team’s project management toolbox.
- Enterprise Reporting & Dashboards – After syncing your Procore schedules and cost information, Portfolio Management on ProjectControls.online becomes a one-stop shop for schedule analytics, cost performance, and earned value. Our enterprise reporting structure is flexible and user-specific, summarizing one or many projects within your organization or program. Intuitive, user-friendly project dashboards use existing PC.o schedule data or Procore integrations providing instantaneous status of project cost and schedule. Both the enterprise reporting structure and dashboards are publicly or privately shareable in our accessible online interface.
The best feature of all: how easy it is—just Sync and Assign. From ProjectControls.online, you can log in directly to your Procore account. Syncing happens in the background, just refresh PC.o after you update Procore. Then, assign schedules as baselines and manually assign or import costs from Procore. We’ve really worked hard to make it as simple and quick as possible.
If you want to see how easy and powerful it is, check out these step-by-step video tutorials on YouTube:
- INTEGRATIONS | PC.o and Procore
- PORTFOLIOS | Managing Costs using Procore
- PORTFOLIOS | Managing Costs using Procore (Part 2)
If you’d like to learn more, check out ProjectControls.online or connect to us through the Procore App Marketplace. And, as always, don’t hesitate to email us with any questions at email@example.com.